Sign in to follow this  
Breathin

CAL: 2020 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS

PtKRPdT.png

Date: February 22, 2020
Veneu: Microsoft Theater, Los Angeles, California
Time (Red Carpet): 5PM EST
Time (Main Show): 5:30PM EST

It's time for the American Music Awards, this year the ceremony will be held on February 22, 2020 in the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, California. The deadline for this year's American Music Awards is December 7, 2018 (start Season 5) - January 17, 2020 (end of S5, first grand streaming update). If you released any projects between that time period, then it's eligible to be submitted. More information can be found below.

AWARD CATEGORIES
Artist of the Year
New Artist of the Year
Collaboration of the Year
Video of the Year
Tour of the Year

Favorite Male Artist - Pop/Rock
Favorite Female Artist - Pop/Rock
Favorite Album - Pop/Rock
Favorite Song - Pop/Rock

Favorite Male Artist - Soul/R&B
Favorite Female Artist - Soul/R&B
Favorite Album - Soul/R&B
Favorite Song - Soul/R&B

Favorite Artist - Rap/Hip-Hop
Favorite Album - Rap/Hip-Hop
Favorite Song - Rap/Hip-Hop

Favorite Artist - Adult Contemporary

Nominations: The nominees will be based on sales in the United States and chart success, you can send in your sales (same formatting as the Billboard Music Awards) again (if you think your song has received more sales between now and the BBMAs). If you are happy with it, you don't have to submit your sales again and we'll take the information from the BBMAs. Nominations will be announced on February 17, 2020. 

Host: If you'd like to submit your artist(s) to host the show, you can write a motivational message to @CAL AwardShows before February 15, 2020, 5PM EST. 

Performance: If you'd like to submit your artist(s) to perform at the show, you can write a message to @CAL AwardShows, please include in the message which song/songs your artist will sing, keep in mind we keep the same rules as last year, the AMAs will have a limit of 8 performers, this can be upped to 10 if we receive a lot of submissions. You have until February 15, 2020, 5PM EST to submit your artist to perform, performers will be announced on February 15.

@Mr. Mendes @Breathin @Nicki Minaj @Venti @cocoCHANEL🅴 @Britney Spears @kipperskipper @Starboy @kordei @Venus @gossipboy @Ari-chan! @Pabllo @despy @Natalia @Black Beauty 💫 @Alex @Rare @Lynk

• Awesome 2

PtKRPdT.png

2020 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS NOMINEES

Artist of the Year
Aaliyah
CupcakKe
Normani
SZA
Zara Larsson

New Artist of the Year
Cameron Dallas
karrueche
Iggy Azalea
Miz Cracker
Zara Larsson

Collaboration of the Year
Aaliyah & Normani - "balenciaga."
Cameron Dallas - "Make Up" (feat. Ariana Grande)
CupcakKe - "Total" (feat. Britney Spears)
karrueche - "me so bad" (feat. Ty Dolla $ign & French Montana)
Zara Larsson - "So Good" (feat. Big Sean)

Video of the Year
Beyoncé - "Blaze Baby, Blaze"
Miley Cyrus & Kendrick Lamar - "Feelin' Myself" (feat. Wiz Khalifa)
Zara Larsson - "I Would Like"

Tour of the Year
Aaliyah - Street Thing Tour
Beyoncé - Django Unchained World Tour
Nicki Minaj - The Minajesty Tour
Shawn Mendes - Forever Young World Tour
SZA - The Universe Is Undefeated Tour

Favorite Male Artist - Pop/Rock
Cameron Dallas
TRNT
Troye Sivan

Favorite Female Artist - Pop/Rock
Miley Cyrus
Miz Cracker
Zara Larsson

Favorite Album - Pop/Rock
Miley Cyrus - "Secrets"
Miz Cracker - "Dolled Up"
Zara Larsson - "So Good"

Favorite Song - Pop/Rock
Miz Cracker - "Glad He's Gone"
Zara Larsson - "I Would Like"

Favorite Artist - Soul/R&B
Aaliyah
Normani
SZA

Favorite Album - Soul/R&B
Beyoncé - "Dear Gemini"
Rihanna - "ANTi"
SZA - "ALT"

Favorite Song - Soul/R&B
Beyoncé - "Blaze Baby, Blaze"
SZA - "Down 4 Whatever"

Favorite Artist - Rap/Hip-Hop
Big Sean
CupcakKe
Nicki Minaj

Favorite Album - Rap/Hip-Hop
Big Sean - "thank god it's over"
CupcakKe - "The CupcakKe Times"
Nicki Minaj - "Queen"

Big Sean - "Half A Man" (feat. Olly Alexander)

Favorite Artist - Adult Contemporary
Cameron Dallas
Miz Cracker
Sky Ferreira

Most nominations (as lead artist)
Zara Larsson - 7
Aaliyah, Cameron Dallas - 6
CupcakKe, Normani, SZA, Miz Cracker - 5
Beyoncé, Miley Cyrus - 4
Big Sean, Nicki Minaj - 3
karrueche, Kendrick Lamar - 2
Iggy Azalea, Shawn Mendes, TRNT, Troye Sivan, Rihanna, Sky Ferriera - 1

@Mr. Mendes @Breathin @Nicki Minaj @Venti @cocoCHANEL🅴 @Britney Spears @kipperskipper @Starboy @kordei @Venus @gossipboy @Ari-chan! @Pabllo @despy @Natalia @Black Beauty 💫 @Alex @Rare @Lynk

• Awesome 3

2020 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS PERFORMERS - COMMERCIAL

1*BGMDIoxlKLDy9gAFBwpjwQ.png

As the logo appears in the commercial, we can hear a voice-over say the following: The 2020 American Music Awards are days away, but our amazing line-up of performers will keep you excited for and during our show, check who will take the AMA-stage this Saturday!"

Cassie (10 seconds of Wasabi plays)
giphy.gif?cid=790b7611724288d1a68114dc23

Ariana Grande (10 seconds of 7 rings plays)
giphy.gif?cid=790b7611674f38f5ac323a4b6b

Miley Cyrus (10 seconds of Bridges plays)
giphy.gif?cid=790b76112b3ec688ef28a5e95a

Dinah Jane (10 seconds of Right for Her plays)
giphy.gif?cid=790b7611923d1c147c1495c5a6

Shawn Mendes (10 seconds of Barely Breathing plays)
giphy.gif?cid=790b7611df0d70fde21bcff806

Ivy (10 seconds of Drip plays)
194-ivy-91n7.jpg

Camila Cabello (10 seconds of In The Dark plays)
giphy.gif?cid=790b76112570be34934cf0d42d

And one more performer to be announced later this week together with the host the 2020 American Music Awards. See you this Saturday!

@Mr. Mendes @Breathin @Nicki Minaj @Venti @cocoCHANEL🅴 @Britney Spears @kipperskipper @Starboy @kordei @Venus @gossipboy @Ari-chan! @Pabllo @despy @Natalia @Black Beauty 💫 @Alex @Rare @Lynk

• Awesome 1

BEBE REXHA TO HOST THE 2020 AMAs RED CARPET!

23132223420b8f1f3b7815a6a302bdda.jpg

Bebe: "Goodevening and welcome to the Red Carpet of the American Music Awards 2020! I'm Bebe Rexha and I'll be your host this 30 minutes for the red carpet. We will be announcing the winner for Favorite Artist (Adult Contemporary) during the red carpet, we will be talking to various artists walking the carpet and we will be counting down the minutes to the show. So grab a snack at home, grab a drink and lets get started!"

Announcer: Welcome to the 2020 American Music Awards, with appearances by Bebe Rexha, Rita Ora, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Kelly Rowland and so much more, also with performances by Camila Cabello, Miley Cyrus, Ivy, Shawn Mendes, Louisa Johnson, Cassie, Dinah Jane. Hosted by Camila Cabello and here to open the show, give it up for Ariana Grande with her single 7 rings!

ARIANA GRANDE PERFORMS 7 RINGS

maxresdefault.jpg

After being announced the camera pans on over to the substage. It’s dimly lit with pink neon lights. As the instrumental for ‘7 rings’ begins to play there are some female dancers seen on the sub-stage talking, twirling their hair, etc. Along with the instrumental you can hear Ariana humming the notes of the beat as well. The female dancers then begin to make their way over to the mainstage giggling ,which is also neon pink lit, and the lights flash alongside the beat. When they make it to the mainstage a pink G-Wagon begins to rise up from the floor. Ariana then pops through the sunroof of the SUV and begins to sing the first verse into her headset mic. As she sings the dancers prance around the SUV, she bats her eyelashes and plays with her hair. Halfway through the verse she pushes herself up onto the roof and sits on the edge before crossing her legs and making some motions with her hands. When it comes time for the pre-chorus the dancers all surround the SUV in a circle and lean against it so they can begin to twerk. Ariana slides from the roof of the SUV onto the windshield to make her way onto the hood of the SUV. She then stands up and gets into a squatting position before bouncing up and down as she twirls her ponytail in the air. For the chorus she then stands up and bounces in place with her hands placed upwards by her shoulders. Ariana sits on the hood, slides off and lands on her feet. Ariana and some of the dancers then take a few steps forward before dropping into a split as she sings the second verse. They put their left hands up and wiggles their fingers. They then adjust out of a split and kick one of their legs up before getting back on their feet. Ariana then stands in place as she sings the rest of the verse and the dancers line up next to her side by side to form a line. For the pre-chorus they all then turn to the side and lean on each others backs and shake their butts alongside the beat. They then stand back up straight and milly rock as they bounce. The dancers disperse  evenly across the stage to make a couple of rows with Ariana in the center. They then do some choreography to the chorus mainly consisting of arm and hip movements. Ariana then walks to the front of the SUV and leans up against it very gangsta-like. The dancers then all drop to the floor on their stomach and move sensually towards Ariana. As Ariana raps the third verse she embodies the bad bitch energy before the flow switch up and she throws money into the camera. The dancers then get on all fours and begin to twerk as Ariana raps and makes it rain on them/occasionally rubbing on them. Towards the end of the verse then then get up,line up side by side again with Ariana in the middle, and do the choreography to the chorus one last time. Ariana then ends the performance with her back turned to the crowd and money begins to fall from the ceiling with her face on it.

Announcer: Please give it up for your host of the night, Camila Cabello!

• Awesome 3

Camila+Cabello+16th+Latin+GRAMMY+Awards+

Camila: "When I first got asked to host the show, I couldn't believe it. I am so excited and I can't wait to show you what I got in store for you! Anyway, tonight is about the music, we had so much great music last year, from Make Up by Cameron Dallas and Ariana Grande, Total by CupcakKe and Britney Spears, Feelin' Myself by Miley Cyrus, Kendrick Lamar and Wiz Khalifa, Down 4 Whatever by SZA, I Would Like by Zara Larsson and ofcourse some of my songs (says this a little goofy and flips hair), no, but we had amazing music and projects last year and we are here to celebrate just that! Did you see that amazing performance of Ariana Grande just now? AMAZING! Well, we're going to the first award of the night, give it up for the amazing Kelly Rowland and Kat Graham"

• Upvote 3

Award: Favorite Artist - Rap/Hip-Hop

gettyimages-876450498.jpg

Kat: "Rap/Hip-Hop is a genre we can't hide from. It's been here for a long time and it isn't going anywhere"
Kelly: "Some artists are dominating the game and they are nominated for this category! Here are the nominees for Favorite Artist - Rap/Hip-Hop"

Big Sean
CupcakKe
Nicki Minaj

And the AMA goes to ... Big Sean! - @Nicki Minaj

• Upvote 2
  • Awesome 1

camilla-cabello-2_glamour_10mar17_gettyi

Camila: "Wow! Congratulations to Big Sean for winning the first award of the night. Also a huge congratulations to Sky Ferreira for winning Favorite Artist (Adult Contemporary), that award was announced in our Red Carpet earlier! So, we have a lot of performances coming up tonight, from Miley Cyrus to Dinah Jane to Ivy to Shawn Mendes and so much more, but before we go into their performances, let's get excited for Cassie!"

• Upvote 1

CASSIE PERFORMS SIMPLE THINGS

After being introduced to the crowd, the camera pans to the stage. Cassie is seen in the middle of the stage standing on a platform with a big flowy dress about 9 feet in diameter. The screen behind her showcasing some unreleased footage from the official music video for ‘Simple Things’ of her and her boyfriend. She starts the performance singing the first verse acapella. She then elongates the last note of the verse as she belts. The screen behind her then begins to rise to reveal an orchestra. As the orchestra begins to play the instrumental she continues on to sing the pre-chorus, which is slightly slower due to the arrangement. As Cassie begins to sing the chorus her dancers then pop out their heads from beneath her dress. They roll around and do a floor routine as she sings. When it comes time for the second verse the dancers get from beneath her and grab a piece of cloth from her dress as if they’re ribbons and begin to circle around her while whipping the cloth around. For the pre-chorus they all continue to surround her in a circle, but lock hands with their backs turned to her and bend over forward as she sings. As she sings the chorus they all get back on the floor still surrounding her while sitting down. They sway from side to side until the chorus is over and they get back under her dress completely. As she gets into the bridge the violinists go off as she sings. She then belts out the final chorus one last time before letting the orchestra do a drawn out outro as the lights slowly dim down to end the performance.

• Awesome 3

Award: Favorite Album - Rap/Hip-Hop

rs_1024x759-190320141606-1024-DJ-Khaled-

DJ Khaled: "Ayo! Another one! Rap and Hip-Hop has a good year! Albums were released, songs were released, but only a couple of them could be nominated. Here are the nominees for Favorite Album for Rap/Hip-Hop"

Big Sean - thank god it's over
CupcakKe - The CupcakKe Times
Nicki Minaj - Queen

And the AMA goes to .. thank god it's over by Big Sean! - @Nicki Minaj

• Upvote 2
  • Awesome 1

Announcer: 
Here to present the next award, give it up for Cassie & Terence J

terrence-j-cassie-2018-bet-awards-carpet

Terence J: We have some songs we can't get out of our heads, who have been stuck in there for the entire year.
Cassie: Exactly! Some of them were so good, they got nominated in the Favorite Song - Rap/Hip-Hop category, lets take a look at the nominees.

Big Sean - "Half A Man" (feat. Olly Alexander)

And the AMA goes to ... Total by CupcakKe featuring Britney Spears! - @Nicki Minaj @Britney Spears

• Upvote 3
  • Awesome 1

Announcer: Here to perform her debut single Right for Her, give it up for Dinah Jane!

DINAH JANE PERFORMS RIGHT FOR HER

Spoiler

Please listen to the this version of Right for Her, as it includes the dance break!

https://clyp.it/nsuwatbf?token=2332341204aabdc06e4cd7e0db458583

The performance starts with the lights being dimmed out as possible. The camera flies down to Dinah Jane being in the middle of the stage with the spotlight on her. She was singing the first verse while wearing a black long gown that is inspired by Rihanna . For the pre-chorus, the lights turned to light purple. Four female dancers wearing coordinating outfits were seen making their way into the shot. For the chorus the light turns yellow and symbols of mathematical operators ( X, -, +, %, /,). Dinah and her backup dancers were doing some heavy choreography that involved them doing a X sign with their hand while the line "Right for Her" hits. For the second verse, they all go to the middle of the stage, Dinah dancers danced to the track as choreographed while she delivered flawless vocals in the middle of them. Dancing in circle motion, Dinah has changed her dress to a black bodysuit that was under the black long gown. Before the bridge ends, the music pauses and Dinah synchronizes with heard heel stomps. Four more dancers join a triangle shape formed by the 8 singers with Dinah being in the front. Dinah sings into the mic "American Music Awards!". Which hinted at the breakdown. Dinah whole body shifted to the left and put her both arms behind her back. Then she lowered her back, to make it a almost twerk. she was shaking her body, to symbolize shaking. then she faced the camera to the audience, at 2:03 she put her hands on her knees and started to twerk with her dancers. Then she stops and stands still at 2:11. At 2:12, at every beat hit, she first looked to the right, then to the left, then to the top, to the front, then she and her backup dancers walked with their feet hitting the ground same time when the beat hits. being in one line, later at 2:22, they did a dance routine where Dinah and her dancers were all doing dance moves as a "dance break" but in turn from left to right. For the last chorus, Dinah was hitting her notes perfectly even after performing a hectic dance break. The lights went back to purple. Her dancers ended the performance with confetti poppers and doing a X sign. 

Spoiler

Look

rihanna_sexy_black_dress_2012_victoria_s

HTB17xCJg5CYBuNkSnaVq6AMsVXao.jpg_q50.jp

Stage
EVO_2016-12_ESC-Buehne2016_08-1200x900.j

• Upvote 3
  • Awesome 1

Announcer: Here to present the award for Favorite Artist - Soul/R&B, give it up for Miley Cyrus!

bets-dressed-of-nyfw-2020-embed.jpg?w=62

Miley Cyrus: So, Soul/R&B is a genre that I love and the songs put out this year have been so good! Some artists were on top of their game, so lets take a look at the nominees!

Aaliyah
Normani
SZA

And the AMA goes to ... Aaliyah! - @despy

Announcer: We also like to congratulate Beyoncé on winning Favorite Album - Soul/R&B with her album 'Dear Gemini' and we like to congratulate SZA for winning Favorite Song - Soul/R&B for "Down 4 Whatever".

• Upvote 3
  • Awesome 1

camila-cabello-at-tommyland-tommy-hilfig

Camila: "So, we're going fast. Congratulations to all the winners so far. I'd like to do something with you guys, I feel like it's time to hear how you guys can sing, so let's do some karaoke, I'm going to start singing the beginning of the song, after that I will hold the mic up in the air and you guys need to finish it! 

Let's start with a quick one:
"Girl, we should go our separate ways", -- now it's time for you to finish it! *the audience sings along*

Okay, next one:
"Don't Call Me Up, I'm going out tonight", finish IT! *the audience sings along*

Okay, okay, last one:
"I want it, I got it, I want it, I got it" LET'S FINISH IT! *the audience sings along*

Oh, you guys are good. Well, let's not keep everyone waiting. I am also announcing the winner of the Favorite Male Artist - Pop/Rock category, lets take a look at the nominees!

Cameron Dallas
TRNT
Troye Sivan

And the AMA goes to ... Cameron Dallas! - @Pabllo

Camila: Her new single Best Behaviour dropped yesterday and she's here to perform it. Give it up for the debut performance of her new single, Louisa Johnson!

• Upvote 3
  • Awesome 1

LOUISA JOHNSON PERFORMS BEST BEHAVIOUR

As Louisa is announced as the next performer, the camera zooms in to the stage, a loud beating can be heared as the stage is being revealed, Louisa is standing in the middle of stage, in a square box filled with water, left, right and in front of the box is sand, the visual screen begins playing a backdrop. The backdrop shows a desert in the background, with showing pools of water in the background. 

source.gif

The instrumental of Best Behaviour begins, and we can see Louisa having a head microphone, as she sings the first verse of the song, the dancers are coming inside the box too, they are performing some heavy choreography matching the vibe and beat of the song, the water in the box is used very heavily as it gives more vibe to the performance. The performance is all sassy and heavy at the same time, during the beat drop, the choreography gets intense and with the water it looks absolutely amazing, during all of this, Louisa's vocals are clear and she sings the songs beautifully. During the rest of the song, Louisa keeps the sassy attitude, but also keeps it cute and gives it a lot of energy.

When the bridge comes on, she stands still and focuses on her voice as she does some higher notes than in the original audio of the song, she knows she nails it and she smiles, after that she finishes the performance as she does choreography with the dancers and she ends the performance. 

• Upvote 4

Announcer: Here to present the award for Favorite Female Artist - Pop/Rock, give it up for Rihanna!

Rihanna-Rocked-A-Vintage-Kimono-For-The-

Aaliyah: "Females have been killing it in 2019, especially in the pop genre! Some of the female artists have been nominated for this category, so lets take a look at the nominees!"

Miley Cyrus
Miz Cracker
Zara Larsson

And the AMA goes to ... Miley Cyrus! - @Breathin

Announcer: Give it up for our next presenters, Bebe Rexha & Shania Twain!

• Upvote 3
  • Awesome 1

Bebe+Rexha+62nd+Annual+GRAMMY+Awards+Sho

Shania: We had a lot of pop albums this past year, and with a lot, I mean a. lot. But, that doesn't matter. They were all good in their own way!
Bebe: Exactly! But three of them jumped out to be nominated, lets take a look at the nominees!

Miley Cyrus - Secrets
Miz Cracker - Dolled Up
Zara Larsson - So Good

And the AMA goes to ... So Good by Zara Larsson! - @despy

• Upvote 2
  • Awesome 1